Re: filters and multi-level mailboxes

Carlos Morgado wrote:

> Em Sáb, 06 Abr 2002 07:42:07 James McPherson - TSG Engineer escreveu:
> >
> > On 06 Apr 2002, 04:08:38 PM Adi Fairbank wrote:
> > > However, I'm having a problem with the mail filters feature, in that I
> > have
> > > many many mailboxes (in mbox format), in many different directories.  When
> > > try to make a filter to move a message to one of them, only a single level
> > > of mailboxes shows up.  So since I have so many mailboxes, it scrolls off
> > > the page and I can't pick the one I want.
> > > Could you just allow an optional free text field for the user to type in
> > the
> > > mailbox they want to move the message to?  Either that or support
> > > multi-level mailboxes?
> >
> > Adi,
> > I'll second your reqwuest - I also have a lot of mailboxes and this happens
> > me regularly as well. I tend to get around it by archiving folders to cd ;|
> > have had a look through the code myself but I don't know enough about gtk+
> > be able to figure out what to tweak.
> >

> as far as i can tell it show all my mailboxes, my problem is the list
> falls out of my 1600x1200 desktop. probably this would be a good place to
> use the mailbox tree from the message context menu. manu ?

Yeah, that's what I meant happens to me also.  It flattens all my
directories into one single list, which ends up scrolling way off the
desktop.  The result is that I can't choose any mbox below the bottom of the
desktop.

I would be willing to fix this if nobody's working on it right now and
someone would give me some good tips on how to get started. (e.g. gtk+
references, and relevent balsa code I should look at)

-Adi