Re: [Q] (and message dragging)

On 2001.11.10 04:58:35 +0100 Jim Mayer wrote:

> For an example of applications that behave consistently and as I
> described, take a look at the word processor and spreadsheet modules of
> a recent OpenOffice beta release.  Spreadsheet cells are exactly
> analagous to word processor characters.  Drag-and-drop is implemented by
> clicking and dragging WITHIN an existing selection.  It works just fine.
>
> Microsoft Word behaves the way I described.

Yes I agree here with you. But it means, that to drag a message from list
you would have to:
1. Click on message, so it is selected.
2. Click on it second time and do a drag.
I think it's not nice.
And..., take look on windows explorer (or whatever its name - you know -
the ms win file browser). I was thinking about 'list' like widgets in
other apps.

> With regars to gtk, doesn't the PAN newsreader also use gtk?  Pan
> selects groups of messages exactly as I've described, but does not
> support drag-and-drop.

Yes I know. When I wrote application with gtk and used list, and I didn't
want the behaviour (like pan), the only way, it was to add dummy d'n'd
handler.
By the way, if somebody has better resolution, let me know :)
So you have behaviour like in pan without d'n'd, or like in balsa with
d'n'd. (In gtk toolkit, I don't know others well enough).
Please, correct me somebody if I'm wrong.

> P.S. You replied directly to me.  Would you mind if I send a copy of
> this message back to the mailing list?
Sorry.
Of course you can. This was because default action for reply, is reply to
sender not to the group. I wanted to send to the group.

Regards,
Olaf