Fwd: Re: [Q] (and message dragging) [olaf cbk poznan pl]

On 2001.11.09 09:37:41 +0100 Olaf Frączyk wrote:
On 2001.11.09 04:51:47 +0100 Jim Mayer wrote:
> Oops... minor correction... you CAN drag multiple messages by extending
> the selection with the SHIFT key.  I still think the behavior is
> inconsistent with the way selections work on text.

This is consistient if you compare to other toolkits, (or even MS stuff).

> One of the UI design rules that makes the most sense to me is that
> similar user actions should, as much as possible, have similar results.

I think similar actions to similar widgets, not to everything.

> In this case, since clicking and holding the mouse down selects text, it
> should also select messages.

This won't work well. How would you distinguish d'n'd and selection?
Anyway, I think that without changing gtk it wouldn't be possible.

Regards
Olaf