Re: Insert signature patch

On 2001.05.16 10:42:59 +0100 Brian Stafford wrote:
> On Wed, 16 May 10:24 Carlos Morgado wrote:
> |
> | On 2001.05.16 09:20:04 +0100 Brian Stafford wrote:
> |

> | that would be great and allow balsa to do away with the --with-esmtp
> | sillyness (which i added). actually, when i was doing it i was
> | thinking
> | the correct aproach would to write a small lib using the libESMTP API
> | to do local MTA and shipping that with balsa. if you're already
> | planning
> | on having it on main libESMTP i'm Happy :)
>
> The main reasons I haven't done this yet are 1) I want to get the
> current codebase stable and 2) I can't decide if its the correct

good :)

> approach or not.  After all inetd can be configured to run
> "sendmail -bs" on some port and libESMTP can be pointed at that
> port on the local host.  Same end result(?) and no coding on my part :)

Mind some people don't even run inetd. I think it's an important thing to
have, but given the current situation it's not a show stoper.

> Unless I've missed anything obviously useful, I'd like to make the
> 0.7.1 feature set the libESMTP 1.0 feature set.

ok.
where do we stand on the multiple-recipients,one-error thing ? iirc it
needed some work on the libesmtp part, and then on balsa part but
i may be mistaken.

cheers

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds