Re: Insert signature patch

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 10:36:35PM +0200, Pawel Salek wrote:

> On 2001.05.15 18:03 Brian Stafford wrote:
> > | balsa-1.1.5 really soon(TM) (within couple of days). It would be good
> > | to update the documentation, in particular help/C/balsa.sgml and
> > | README files to describe recent changes.
> >
> > Someday I'll document how libESMTP uses the "host[:port]" syntax.
> > I promise :-)
>
> Well, I have impression that the basic syntax is simple, but the port
> values and defaults are not quite obvious for everybody...

I forgot to mention (my bad) i changed the default on the config wizard
to localhost:25. I figure someone who has clue enough to use the new port
has clue enough to configure it. Objections ?

Brian: what if libesmtp tried port 25 as fall back when it can't connect to
the specified  *if* the specified port is 587 ? it's not very Right, but
sounds practical :) should the muas themselfs do this ? any (strong) opinion
?

cheers

Law of Software Envelopment:
   `Every program attempts to expand until it can read mail. Those programs
    which cannot so expand are replaced by ones which can.'