Re: Transfer to folder bug

On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 11:19:25AM +0200, M . Thielker wrote:

> Not as long as I've waited, approx. 1 hour. Again, CVS as of Thursday, with
> 1 IMAP, 2 POP3 and one local folder configured.

thread deadlock then

> > > desktop locks for the duration of the move. Neither mouse nor keyboard
> > can
> > > be used to control any other applications.
> > >
> > this is not a balsa problem. this is a WM problem i believe.
> > maybe balsa could be nicer about releasing focus but i never seen this
> > kind
> > of thing happen
>
> Well, try movong several thousand messages from one IMAP box to another,
> and you _will_ see it. Of all these, this one is easiest to reproduce,
> happens every time.

i was thinking DnD. the transfer menu didn't ocurr to me. you're right

> This one most likely is related to the way "Transfer" is done, GUI-wise. By
> popping up a Tree view of folders, you must capture the mouse to operate it
> and be notified when someting is clicked or a key is pressed. Apparently
> this capture is released when the menu tree _collapses_ _after_ the copy.
> The Menus should close and capture be released _before_ the copy starts to
> free mouse and keyboard for use by other programs.

true

> > > for a given functionality.
> > >
> > balsa/README and balsa/HACKING are a good starting point
> >

> Not a lot in there, really.....

quite right. it has an important bit about locking tough :)

"Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the
grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin
charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about
what they say if they had." -- Linus Torvalds