Re: Transfer to folder bug

On 2001.06.29 09:43:53 +0100 M . Thielker wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I just found another bug that needs some squishing:
>
> When read email is moved from a local folder to an IMAP folder, it appears
> as unread email there, causing the folder name to become green. It is then

iirc i can't reproduce this with uw-imap (test setup). i'll try this when
i get home

>  When I am in the middle of moving emails and the program starts checking
> for new emails in the background, it will hang when it comes to checking
> "Local mail". I need to kill the program (SIGTERM) then, because it will
> not unfreeze again.

ever ? how long have you waited ? what balsa version ?
what mailboxes do you have configured ? pop3 ? imap ?

> What is "Local mail", anyway? Why can't I disable that check? I'm not
> running an MTA on the local host, there will never be _any_ local mail
> coming in!

'local mail' is a bit misleading. it also means imap (which will hapilly
lock libmutt and stop message copy)

> And a major one:
>
>  When large numbers of emails are moved between IMAP folders, the _entire_
> desktop locks for the duration of the move. Neither mouse nor keyboard can
> be used to control any other applications.

this is not a balsa problem. this is a WM problem i believe.
maybe balsa could be nicer about releasing focus but i never seen this kind
of thing happen

> I would dearly like to do some bug squishing myself, but I would at least
> need some sort of a source code map, to know which file to start looking in
> for a given functionality.

balsa/README and balsa/HACKING are a good starting point

cheers

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds