Re: Transfer to folder bug

Hi Carlos,

 glad to hear from you!

On 2001.06.29 18:31 Carlos Morgado wrote:

> > as unread email there, causing the folder name to become green. It is
> then
>
> iirc i can't reproduce this with uw-imap (test setup). i'll try this when
> i get home

I'm using Cyrus IMAP, Balsa from CVS. It apparently only happens when
multiple messages are moved, and then it doesn't always happen, but
frequently.
I've tracked this down to imap_handle_untagged(), which will set the unread
flag. In most cases, it will be reset in the function calling
imap_handle_untagged() as seen in the source code comments, but my guess is
that sometimes it's not reset, or not reset on all messages moved.

> > "Local mail". I need to kill the program (SIGTERM) then, because it
> will
> > not unfreeze again.
>
> ever ? how long have you waited ? what balsa version ?
> what mailboxes do you have configured ? pop3 ? imap ?

Not as long as I've waited, approx. 1 hour. Again, CVS as of Thursday, with
1 IMAP, 2 POP3 and one local folder configured.

> > desktop locks for the duration of the move. Neither mouse nor keyboard
> can
> > be used to control any other applications.
> >
> this is not a balsa problem. this is a WM problem i believe.
> maybe balsa could be nicer about releasing focus but i never seen this
> kind
> of thing happen

Well, try movong several thousand messages from one IMAP box to another,
and you _will_ see it. Of all these, this one is easiest to reproduce,
happens every time.
This one most likely is related to the way "Transfer" is done, GUI-wise. By
popping up a Tree view of folders, you must capture the mouse to operate it
and be notified when someting is clicked or a key is pressed. Apparently
this capture is released when the menu tree _collapses_ _after_ the copy.
The Menus should close and capture be released _before_ the copy starts to
free mouse and keyboard for use by other programs.

> > for a given functionality.
> >
> balsa/README and balsa/HACKING are a good starting point

Not a lot in there, really.....

Cheers,

Melanie