Re: Error in configure for Balsa 1.1.5

On 2001.06.17 00:02:12 +0200 Steve Cayford wrote:
> On 2001.06.15 02:18:26 -0500 Pawel Salek wrote:
> > Have a look at the end of config.log file. It should contain more
> > information that will explain why linking with pspell fails. Most
> > likely, it will contain a listing of a short program that cannot be
> > compiled and linked. Try to find out why this is the case.
>
> Okay, in config.log I find:
>
> configure:3434: checking for new_pspell_manager in -lpspell
> configure:3453: egcs -o conftest -g -O2  -I/usr/lib/glib/include
> -I/usr/X11R6/include  conftest.c -lpspell   1>&5
> /lib/libdl.so.2: undefined reference to `_dl_vsym@GLIBC_2.2'
> /lib/libdl.so.2: undefined reference to `_dl_sym@GLIBC_2.2'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> configure: failed program was:
> #line 3442 "configure"
> #include "confdefs.h"
> /* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
> /* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
>     builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
> char new_pspell_manager();
>
> int main() {
> new_pspell_manager()
> ; return 0; }
>

> > I have libpspell in /usr/lib and it should not be any problem.
>
> My concern is more about having multiple copies of libpspell. An old one in
> /usr/lib and the new one in /usr/local/lib. Would this cause this problem?

depends... it looks to me that some functions are refering to an older
GLIBC version or werent recompiled for current glibc. thats how it looks
like for me.. may i know what glibc you are using and what glibc you have
used to compile a) the old libpspell and b) the new one. it really matters
you probably need to recompile the old and new pspell with the current
glibc version..

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de