Re: Error in configure for Balsa 1.1.5

On 2001.06.15 02:18:26 -0500 Pawel Salek wrote:
> Have a look at the end of config.log file. It should contain more
> information that will explain why linking with pspell fails. Most
> likely, it will contain a listing of a short program that cannot be
> compiled and linked. Try to find out why this is the case.

Okay, in config.log I find:

configure:3434: checking for new_pspell_manager in -lpspell
configure:3453: egcs -o conftest -g -O2  -I/usr/lib/glib/include
-I/usr/X11R6/include  conftest.c -lpspell   1>&5
/lib/libdl.so.2: undefined reference to `_dl_vsym@GLIBC_2.2'
/lib/libdl.so.2: undefined reference to `_dl_sym@GLIBC_2.2'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 3442 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char new_pspell_manager();

int main() {
new_pspell_manager()
; return 0; }

> I have libpspell in /usr/lib and it should not be any problem.

My concern is more about having multiple copies of libpspell. An old one in
/usr/lib and the new one in /usr/local/lib. Would this cause this problem?

-Steve