Re: Bug when typing '('

On 2001-01-23 12:47 Johan Rask wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:35:56 Brian Stafford wrote:
> > Carlos Morgado wrote:
> > > On 2001.01.18 17:05:09 +0000 Brian Stafford wrote:
> >
> > > Sounds like a job for a libldap not the user code.
> >

> Feels stupid that all applications must implement the same code for
> solving these situations. Atlest shouldn't the LDAP API provide a
> method for doing the formating?

LDAP expect to get search strings in a form, for instance - if I recall
correctly

(&(mail:*)(cn:pawsa))

LDAP must be instructed somehow that some of the paranthesis are not
part of the searched string but of the filter, there is no magic in it.
IF one wants to search for one of the special characters, one should
escape it (like in regular expressions, for example).

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202