Re: text colors - a wish

kažkada, berods Pn, 2001-01-12 17:30-0300, Fernan Aguero rašė:

> On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 16:59:44 Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:
>
> > However, then Balsa would become impossible to use for reading mail --
> > GtkText widget is so slow, especially with pixmap themes, and colorizing
> > text makes it even more slow.
>
> > So, together with the implementation of this idea Balsa should switch to
> > another Text widget (GtkExText or Scintilla? Or maybe backport Text
> > widget from Gtk+2?)
>
> I'm not versed in this things ... I just thought that everything was in
> place to implement the idea.

Really... so this is just some tweaking in Preferences dialog Colors tab...
Everything else is already done... Or just need cut'n'pasting and making
arrays out of pointers.

What I said about slowness... Really, if it is too slow for someone, she can
turn all highlighting off. Even quoting. So move on, do this lovely thing!
It can be not slower, as I said, but even faster!

In Balsa there are used quite a lot of regexps. I suggest using
libgnome/gnome-regex.c, that is a cache of compiled regexps. I use it in
gtranslator. However, gnome-libs version is broken a bit, I use a forked
version ;(

> > signatures more than 4 lines in length are rude and deprecated. Quoting
> > signatures is also bad ;)
>
> Yes, my sig is a little long, I know.
>
> Anyway I don't understand what you said about quoting signatures. Mine was
> not quoted ... ehm you quoted it. I was talking about coloring signatures
> on received messages, just to have a visual clue. I was not talking about
> including signatures in replies (quoting them) at all!

This was just a side note, totally unrelated to your thoughts.
Of course, I would prefer signatures in dark magenta color ;)

--
Gediminas Paulauskas  ···  http://03bar.ktu.lt/~menesis/  ···  ICQ 24859336