Re: Filtering

On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 08:09:09PM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> Having to 'shell out' costs virtually nothing. Also, procmail does the
> filtering at the 'logical' time - at mail delivery time, not at MUA load
> time.  If, for example, you haven't checked your email in a few days and
> have 1000 messages in your inbox to filter, that'll take a while.  With
> procmail, it's already filtered.

Erm, that would mean Balsa doesn't even download the mail for you, so
you're actually using an MTA like sendmail. I don't think that's what
everyone wants.

You could still use procmail, but I think it should be executed by Balsa
using popen(), so Balsa can feed it the mail and only then does procmail
sort it into mailboxes.

> Camel is on its way, and camel's vfolder stuff will sort-of supercede
> filtering, and camel will have some filtering capability built-in.

This one is a good point.

--
Sarel Botha

99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code,
          fix one bug, compile it again...
          101 little bugs in the code....