Re: Status of filtering

On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 08:51:28AM -0500, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> Feel free to take a look at the filter code in Spruce, it might help.
> I think that if you used perl, filtering might be better (use of regex,
> etc...spruce doesn't support that yet, something I'll have to work on)

Hmm, I think it would be better to not just support perl. How about running
a program/script the user specifies and then communicating with it using a
pipe using popen(2)? That way the filter can be written in C, perl, shell,
awk, java or anything else. I think this should be an option for
powerusers though. I also think that there should be some basic filtering
that can easily be configured within balsa that most users can use.

All MHO of course
--
Sarel Botha

99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code,
          fix one bug, compile it again...
          101 little bugs in the code....