Re: So how this goes?

On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 03:27:28PM -0700, David Fallon wrote:
> Keep in mind the announcements on the main gnome list earlier today... it
> looks like IGS (international gnome support) will be hiring a bunch of
> people (7?) fulltime to be working on a gnome mail program that integrates
> well with gnomecal/gnomecard and uses the gnome mailer (renamed evolution,
> now) code for the backend. I'd bet balsa as we know it will be defunct, and
> unfortuantely, that looks like a good thing. Hopefully, all of us who have
> been trying to get a good gnome email client, but don't have the
> time/resources to really commit to balsa can switch over to this new one,
> and get to see some real progress.

Even with that, I'd say that there should be at least some GUI code worth
salvaging from Balsa.  And quite a few people have contributed patches to
Balsa, and have experience that would be invaluable in the development of

Lyndon Drake                      | Desktop:
isenguard                         | Mail client:
ICQ#: 12558803                    | Editor:       | OS: