Re: So how this goes?

Hi,

I've been reading the Balsa list for several months, and have periodically
tried using Balsa (with a view to making it the recommended mailer on a
machine I administer).  In my view, the project has been hamstrung
because of the lack of a project leader/anyone with CVS commit access.  In
the meantime, several other Gnome mail clients have been created, most of
which don't really do that much more than Balsa.

Perhaps it's time to either get someone else to take over the leadership
of the Balsa project, or to create a new project based on the existing
Balsa.

In any case, it's probably worth trying to get in touch with the authors
of the other mail clients around (like Spruce) to see what they think.

It's also worth keeping the gnome-mailer project in mind (which is
creating the backend stuff for accessing mail folders etc.).

Just my thoughts, anyway.

Lyndon

--
Lyndon Drake                      | Desktop:      http://www.gnome.org