Re: Scope of Conference

On 20 March 2012 10:00, Srinivasa Ragavan <sragavan gnome org> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 8:55 AM, Emily Chen <emilychen522 gmail com> wrote:
> Hi Chandni,
>
> Usually, call for papers will be announced on Planet GNOME. Sponsors'
> brochure can be present in GNOME Advisory board meeting. Organizer contact
> potential sponsors by emails.
>
> Both call for paper and call for sponsors are on our gnome.asia website.

I might be sloppy in reading email announcements, but I dont remember
anywhere seeing CFP for GNOME Asia. And the deadline it says March 23.
CFP needs to be promoted better than this for sure. I wanted to talk
there, but was hoping to find more information on CFP soon. Shocked to
see that the deadline is just 3 more days away. PGO is the first place
I'd say.

Max told me he had applied for PGO membership and is about to do that as soon as approved but AFAIK approval takes time. March 23 seems impossible. I am unaware of what's holding it back until now if that's already approved!

-Srini