Re: Dear Hong Kong team member

HI Everyone,

I am Haggen, and I stumbled upon FOSS from quite a different path. In
2000, I went to Melbourne, Australia for a PhD programme. Originally,
I intended to research on the area of e-Commerce, the hot topic of the
time, but after having a number of arguments with my supervisor, I had
a change of topic and finally a change in supervisor. The new topic of
research was to evaluate Free and Open Source Project Hosting Sites.

I came back to Hong Kong in 2007 and started my involvement with the
local community. I also took up a full-time job as Project Manager at
Creative Commons Hong Kong in the year 2008-9 but unfortunately
funding ran out. Currently, I am the head of Hong Kong LUG.

The local community is excited that we get the bid and a number of
people already mentioned that they would like to help. Our main
partner, DotAsia, also nominated a number of full-time staff to handle
this conference. We are looking forward to work with you all.

Regards,

Haggen