Re: Dear Hong Kong team member

Hello everyone on board!

I am Chandni Verma, one of the hackers which make GNOME look and feel the way it does! I am mostly known for my software contributions to GNOME and inspiring community speeches which make even the sloppiest people dig their constructive potential.

I got involved with GNOME with my participation in GNOME Outreach Program for Women Internships, 2010 where I began my debut work in the open world with Empathy IM/VoIP client of the Desktop. Upon successful completion of the internship, I was invited to speak about my work and to inspire new people to become a GNOME contributor at GNOME.Asia 2011. On seeing the overwhelming audience response, I was invited for guest speaking at the Desktop Summit, 2011 too. I have continued to grow as a GNOME contributor since then and am very excited with the new things I explore and learn everyday. Its very intellectually rewarding to work in the open world with immense growth potential surrounding you.

At the Asia summit 2011, I helped in the event organization by suggesting new and innovative marketing ideas and managed to help with arranging media support for the event was organized in my home country. I continue with it this year and act as a reviewer and help with general committee decisions. This is my first year with pre-event organization and thus quite informative for me as well.

Pre-event organization is moving with full energy, thanks to Max. We would like to get more in touch with Hong Kong's local team and feel the throb there for better planning and coordination.

Cheers,

--
Chandni Verma
www.chandniverma.blogspot.com