Re: Sponsorship document for GNOME.Asia 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 17:42 +-0800, Frederic Muller wrote:
+AD4 On 01/21/2011 05:25 PM, Akhil Laddha wrote:
+AD4 +AD4 On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 16:44 +080, Frederic Muller wrote:
+AD4 +AD4APg Dear all,
+AD4 +AD4APg
+AD4 +AD4APg I've taken the liberty to write a different version keeping some of the
+AD4 +AD4APg work and changing some of our catch lines.
+AD4 +AD4
+AD4 +AD4 IMHO, wouldn't it be unprofessional to rewrite sponsorship doc after we
+AD4 +AD4 have spent many hours in preparing the initial draft and even spent tiem
+AD4 +AD4 in incorporating the review comments.
+AD4
+AD4 I think the question is more which text do you find more exciting and
+AD4 potentially attractive to convince sponsors to support us, and which
+AD4 angle from both perspective will make those companies want to be at
+AD4 GNOME.Asia Summit?
+AD4
+AD4 What matters is the result, not really how much time we all spend in
+AD4 doing the work.
+AD4
+AD4

Fare enough.

+AD4 +AD4
+AD4 +AD4APg The text being quite different I have attached a text file (rather than
+AD4 +AD4APg overwriting the wiki) and would like to gather some feedback first. Note
+AD4 +AD4APg that everything under +ACI-The Sponsor process+ACI in the wiki page plugs under
+AD4 +AD4APg my text.
+AD4 +AD4APg
+AD4 +AD4
+AD4 +AD4 - Local team (Parag, Bharath and myself) still feels that we should have
+AD4 +AD4 soft deadline like March 10, 2011 for key sponsors. We should at least
+AD4 +AD4 come to know about first three key sponsors (Platinum, Gold and Silver)
+AD4 +AD4 by this time line other wise it will be a big problem to fund the event.
+AD4 +AD4
+AD4 +AD4  From document +AFs-1+AF0, we would like to add below content.
+AD4 +AD4
+AD4 +AD4 Important Dates
+AD4 +AD4
+AD4 +AD4      +ACo Sponsorship Decision: Mar 10, 2011
+AD4 +AD4      +ACo Logo Receipt: Mar 14, 2011
+AD4 +AD4      +ACo Banners: Mar 14, 2011
+AD4 +AD4      +ACo Event Begins: Mar 28, 2011
+AD4 +AD4      +ACo Event Ends: Apr 2, 2011
+AD4 +AD4
+AD4 +AD4 There is no hard deadline for the sponsors. An early decision would help
+AD4 +AD4 us include and market the sponsors better on the printed material and to
+AD4 +AD4 the media.
+AD4
+AD4 I'm not sure I understand the question/comment. This text is from the
+AD4 original document, i didn't change anything there. What actually means
+AD4 +ACI-Sponsorship Decision+ACI? from who and about what? Is it a hard deadline
+AD4 or do you mean it's a mistake that needs fixing?

The above content i just copied from the proposed sponsorship doc. I
thought you have proposed to remove the above content so just wanted to
make things clear. There is no mistake in the content.

Thanks for the writeup, hope we will reach +ACQ-60K target.

Thanks,
Akhil

+AD4 +AD4
+AD4 +AD4 The local team would start printing the marketing material by Mar 14 and
+AD4 +AD4 would love to have the logos of all the sponsors handy by then. The
+AD4 +AD4 deadline is also to be sure we do not miss on some funding the travel
+AD4 +AD4 for some international speakers
+AD4 +AD4
+AD4 +AD4 +AFs-1+AF0 http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2011Summit/CallForSponsors
+AD4 +AD4
+AD4 +AD4 That's all from my side and i am perfectly fine with committee's
+AD4 +AD4 decision in future.
+AD4 +AD4
+AD4 +AD4