Re: Fwd: Re: GNOME.Asia Summit 2011 - minimal conference fee

Hi all,

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 15:06 +-0800, Pockey Lam wrote:
+AD4 Forward those questions to lakhil and bharath :)
+AD4
+AD4 Lakhil / Bharath,
+AD4
+AD4 How the FOSS.In charge the fee? Paid on the spot ?
+AD4

This year it was the first time foss.in had online registration and
online payment. They used the service of doattend +AFs-1+AF0. Until last year
registration and payment used to be done on spot.

+AD4 You two know what's the best way work for local people.
+AD4
+AD4 Just one concern if participants paid on the spot, it might be a
+AD4 bottle neck for the entrance. Will they paid by cash or credit card ?

We can ask delegates to register online, bring the prinout of
registration ticket (in case we generate one on our website) and pay at
the spot. Payment will be by cash only. It will be difficult and time
consuming to maintain payment by credit card.

We will take help of college students at the venue. They should be able
to handle registration process. We can open registration desk an hour
before the actual conference starts so we can avoid big crowd.

+AD4  Everyone need to pay? How about speaker and sponsors? How to
+AD4 distinguish the normal participants which need to pay and the students
+AD4 who don't need to pay? Different badge them?
+AD4

We will follow same process as other gnome events. Speakers and people
who are sponsored by gnome won't have to pay any registration fee.

We will give some limited number of free entry like 50 or 100 to college
students of Dayananda Institute. Other students will have to show their
ID card to avail the benefit during registration. In case they fail to
show the ID, they will be charged as other delegates.

We can have four different badges - speaker, student, volunteer and
delegate.

+AD4 It is our first time to charge the entrance fee, so I have lots of
+AD4 questions and need to learn.
+AD4

Your queries are welcome. We will try to clarify as much as we can.

+AFs-1+AF0 http://doattend.com/

Thanks,
Akhil

+AD4
+AD4 2011/1/17 Pockey Lam +ADw-pockeylam+AEA-gnome.org+AD4
+AD4