Re: COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010 Call For Papers

    GNOME.Asia is on http://www.gnome.asia

I just looked at it.  The first paragraph mentions "open source" twice
and doesn't mention "free software" at all.

The second paragraph -- after the photo -- mentions "open source" once
and "open" once, without mentioning "free" at all.

The third paragraph, under the heading About GNOME.Asia summit,
says that GNOME.Asia is an open source conference.

The rest, after the heading About GNOME and the GNOME Foundation,
is mostly ok.  There is one place that should be fixed, where it says
"Linux and Unix-based".

However, this leaves a lot of places to be changed.
Would you like me to send you a suggested text?

					   and COSCUP on http://coscup.org/
    . We will share the website though and only have different "welcome"
    pages. The rest (program, registration, tips, etc) will all be share on
    COSCUP site (though we actively contribute and share ideas).

That could be a problem -- it could mean that "open source" has
a predominant presence in the web pages for the event GNOME.Asia.
People would think that GNOME.Asia is an open source event
and would think of GNOME as an open source project.  That's not good!

The challenge is to arrange for people visiting gnome.asia to see that
it is a free software event -- not an open source event -- even though
it is colocated with an open source event.

I can think of various ways, and I can suggest ideas if you like.  But
you're the ones who will be doing it, and maybe you can think of ideas
better than I can.  The question is how you want to do it.