Weekly IRC meeting June 8

Dear all,

Please find attached the meeting notes of the week prepared by Ernest
for our actions. Thanks!

Agenda:

     1. Weekly review

              * Status of budget / sponsorship.
                      * budget review: still NTD $994,085 (~30k USD)
                      * sponsorship review: this week is computex, so we
                        basically did not do anything on sponsorship.
                        it's now confirmed NTD 764,000 (includes
                        google), received 500,000
              * Status of CfP
                      * [Info] In system: there are 26 submission for
                        COSCUP (36), and 2 for GNOME (18~20).
                      * [GASC] GASC already have at least 5 more talks
                        confirmed, and another 5 potential speakers as
                        well, we will ask everybody to submit their
                        talks before the deadline.
                      * [both] the program committee of both sides
                        should work closely on the time allocations to
                        get a definite slot number. (CT: Bob, GASC:
                        Emily)
                      * [AI]: Bob to discuss with Emily and Pockey on
                        the schedule of each track for keynotes and
                        talks before the deadline of submission, if Bob
                        is OK with that.
     1. Website
              * website inconsistency
                      * it maybe caused by some misunderstanding of our
                        consistency on the website topics.
                      * AI: CT team prepare 1) visa info 2) hotel 3)
                        about coscup pages on coscup.org web site, and
                        send the links back to GASC
                      * AI: Rex send sponsor's logo and co-event banner
                        to GASC.
                      * AI: GASC will need our co-event banner logo as
                        well, with transparency background to put in our
                        site.
              * some misreferenced links on 2010.gnome.asia
                      * some links wrongly linked to org.coscup.org,
                        which is used to organize informations of the
                        conference. (for organization team)
                      * AI: let's use "coscup.org" for all conference
                        formal/public pages. not use
                        "wiki.coscup.org".
              * For the Google's logo, we would insist to have approval
                from Google.
                      * we will have approval when the contact person is
                        back from holiday :)
                      * the issue is that Google just changed the logo
                        on the search pages, so it is better to ask for
                        an official image file.
     2. Marketing
              * all the exposition are on
                http://wiki.coscup.org/mediabuzz-2010
                      * [CT] we are working with our media partners to
                        report our events, for example, in the next
                        release of LinuxPilot, there will be a small
                        interview about COSCUP/GNOME.Asia. and we will
                        send them more details about the event, about
                        keynote and program schedule (if there are
                        information available)
                      * [GASC] we talked about it on Planet.gnome which
                        has a lot of traffic
                      * [GASC] then we'll be talking about it also on ZD
                        Net Asia
              * Posters
                      * we are also sending poster to local companies
                        and schools.
              * Overall
                      * by this week, we will start to announce
                        confirmed keynote speakers of COSCUP.
                      * we have a dedicated podcast host this year.
                      * [GASC] from our side, we will have brian from
                        the gnome foundation; emily representing the
                        gnome.asia; Fred, president of software freedom
                        international.
                      * [CT] from our side, we usually only announce the
                        invited speakers.
     3. Other Topics: COSCUP to discuss about Changing selected terms
        from Open Source to FOSS as per RMS request.

--
Deng-Wei Chiang (Ernest), PMP
Web Apps Development-2 Lead /

http://blog.ernestchiang.com