Re: GNOME.Asia Summit and COSCUP joint meeting proposal

On Tue, 2010-04-13 at 17:14 -0500, Brian Cameron wrote:
> > GNOME.Asia is planning to organize the next GNOME.Asia Summit 2010
> in
> > Taiwan, co-host with COSCUP <http://coscup.org/2010/en> organzing
> team.
> > Most of the gnome asia team members feel positive about this co-host
> > conference based on their proposal and conversation with their lead.
> >
> > Before we go to any further steps, we would like to send proposal to
> > board members to review first.
>
> It looks very good to me.  It sounds like it will be an exciting
> conference.
>
> On page 8, the COSCUP people seem to be suggesting that GNOME.Asia be
> about GNOME Mobile.  Are there enough GNOME speakers in Asia to focus
> on this topic?  If not, it may be necessary to figure out a different
> angle for finding synergy with COSCUP.

I thought this point in another way: Taiwan offers a good opportunity to
attract attention for GNOME Mobile.  It is a good place to do it.  We
are loosing traction in Europe/USA, we could regain it there.

It is also a good opportunity to bring GNOME Mobile one step forward (or
giving it a reason to exist, or re-launch it, or get a clear definition
and roadmap).

Germán Póo-Caamaño
Concepción - Chile
http://www.gnome.org/~gpoo/