Re: GNOME.Asia Summit and COSCUP joint meeting proposal

Germán:

On page 8, the COSCUP people seem to be suggesting that GNOME.Asia be
about GNOME Mobile.  Are there enough GNOME speakers in Asia to focus
on this topic?  If not, it may be necessary to figure out a different
angle for finding synergy with COSCUP.

I thought this point in another way: Taiwan offers a good opportunity to
attract attention for GNOME Mobile.  It is a good place to do it.  We
are loosing traction in Europe/USA, we could regain it there.

It is also a good opportunity to bring GNOME Mobile one step forward (or
giving it a reason to exist, or re-launch it, or get a clear definition
and roadmap).

I agree that it is a good opportunity to further promote GNOME mobile.
If that can work out, it would be great.

However, this may be hard to do if there are not speakers knowledgeable
about the subject matter who plan to attend.  I am not sure how many
GNOME community members are in Asia who can speak to this subject
matter, or if they can attend this event.

The GNOME Foundation or sponsorships could cover travel costs to help
ensure the right speakers are available to attend, but its hard to know
how realistic this is until the budget and sponsorships are more
clear.  This idea could depend on how many mobile vendors are willing
to sponsor a GNOME event focusing on GNOME mobile, for example.

I guess I am suggesting that it might be good to have an alternative
plan for a focus in case it turns out that GNOME Mobile is not
realistic.

Brian