Re: GNOME.Asia Summit and COSCUP joint meeting proposal

Emily:

GNOME.Asia is planning to organize the next GNOME.Asia Summit 2010 in
Taiwan, co-host with COSCUP <http://coscup.org/2010/en> organzing team.
Most of the gnome asia team members feel positive about this co-host
conference based on their proposal and conversation with their lead.

Before we go to any further steps, we would like to send proposal to
board members to review first.

It looks very good to me.  It sounds like it will be an exciting
conference.

On page 8, the COSCUP people seem to be suggesting that GNOME.Asia be
about GNOME Mobile.  Are there enough GNOME speakers in Asia to focus
on this topic?  If not, it may be necessary to figure out a different
angle for finding synergy with COSCUP.

I would like to see a more detailed budget for the costs associated
with the event.

Also, I wonder if it makes more sense to keep the financial accounts
separate.  Are there tax advantages or other motivations for using
the COSCUP account for all funds?

Brian