Countdown to GNOME.Asia 2009

Dear all,

we had a fantastic get together with the volunteers at the weekend at
the event place. All together we were 100 people! We have many girls
interested in the event. Among them many business students and
pedagogy students, who want to learn about the opportunities with
FOSS. I put up a photo, we took after the volunteers meet up at the
start page of GNOME.Asia. Please have a look.

We have 200 people who signed up for the free Linux course. We had
several phone calls of groups who reconfirmed that they will
participate at the course. Lets see, how we can do it. We have 10
desktop computers only, but we will manage :-) It is an introduction
course after all. We are close to the 500 registrants mark for the
online form. And we have more than 500 people on facebook.

The CEO of one of the biggest IT companies, TMA, (about 600 people
employing) just called me and offered to speak at the event as well.

If you have not told us your arrival time, please let us know.
Volunteers will greet you at the airport and hand you a preparation
package with a sim card. Please call me or Hong Phuc after activation,
so we have your number.

Looking forward to see you in Vietnam soon.

All the best,

Mario