Re: [anjuta-list] Another wxWidgets problem

Sebastien,

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 4:33 PM, Sébastien Granjoux <seb sfo free fr> wrote:
Hi Igor,

Le 15/03/2016 21:19, Igor Korot a écrit :

I said obviously, because I can't change the configure option for the
subproject. I was just thinking that since it is a subproject it should

confine to the main binary configure options.

No there is no main binary, the configure options are used for all targets
in the project.

But then it should just work, right?
I mean configure should just bring the appropriate option up and they should be
used when compiling either main binary or the library.
Am I right?

Now, one more question: if I manually copy the resulting .so/.la over
where the
executable binary is will Anjuta let me debug the library source code?

No, I think on Linux, libraries are never search in the current directory or
the path of the executable. The libraries paths are defined in the linker, I
think there is a LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to override that.

According to http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Program-Library-HOWTO/shared-libraries.html,
one needs to give an "rpath" option in order to change the search path.
Does Anjuta do that?

Thank you.

Or I will have
to set the option to compile the library in that directory?

Again, you are supposed to install a library in a particular directory, the
directory used for compilation doesn't matter.

I know that it's just for debugging and that it's done differently on
Windows. But I think it's easier to do things 'the way it's done on Linux',
I mean install your library before using it. A shared library is expected to
be shared between different programs, it will be strange to search it in the
path of one program.