Re: [anjuta-list] Another wxWidgets problem

Hi Igor,

Le 15/03/2016 21:19, Igor Korot a écrit :
I said obviously, because I can't change the configure option for the
subproject. I was just thinking that since it is a subproject it should
> confine to the main binary configure options.

No there is no main binary, the configure options are used for all targets in the project.

Now, one more question: if I manually copy the resulting .so/.la over where the
executable binary is will Anjuta let me debug the library source code?

No, I think on Linux, libraries are never search in the current directory or the path of the executable. The libraries paths are defined in the linker, I think there is a LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to override that.

Or I will have
to set the option to compile the library in that directory?

Again, you are supposed to install a library in a particular directory, the directory used for compilation doesn't matter.

I know that it's just for debugging and that it's done differently on Windows. But I think it's easier to do things 'the way it's done on Linux', I mean install your library before using it. A shared library is expected to be shared between different programs, it will be strange to search it in the path of one program.