Re: [anjuta-list] How to add header file to symbol database?

2011/10/2 Sébastien Granjoux <seb sfo free fr>:
> Hi,
>

> Le 02/10/2011 20:01, dabicho a écrit :
>>
>> I cannot find where to set that variable though. I am not proficient
>> with autotools yet.
>> The code I added to config.ac and Makefile.am is juts to add an option
>> to configure script to define the path to some header files and use
>> them, by the way.
>> It is a C project to interface java with some native libraries through
>> jni, no java language code.
>> It is just a couple of C headers I need there.
>
> Normally you should have a target which represent your program or your
> library. Then, I think you can add source files by selecting Project->Add
> source in the main menu. You should get a dialog where you can select the
> target and add source files. I'm not completely sure it was working with
> Anjuta 3.0 but it's working fine with Anjuta 3.2.
>

> Else, if these headers are part of a library, the normal situation is to use
> pkg-config. It uses a file with .pc extension located in /usr/lib/pkg-config
> coming with each library. This file describes the options needed to use the
> library. You just add to this library to your project using Project->Add
> library and the symbol-db plugin will check all headers. This will take care
> of adding the required include path to CPPFLAGS and the library to LIBADD
> variable, so don't need to do anything else.
>
> If the library you use, doesn't provide a .pc file, you can write one
> yourself looking at existing one. It's a simple text file which described a
> few options to use the library.
>

> Regards,
>
> Sébastien

I tried writing a pkg-config file first, but for some reason it would
add symbols from headers in a subdirectory.
Adding the header through  menu Project->Add Source File worked though.
Working now with anjuta 2.32 though, also as it works with gnome 2 and gtk2 .

Thank you