Re: [anjuta-list] How to add header file to symbol database?

Hi,

Le 02/10/2011 20:01, dabicho a écrit :
I cannot find where to set that variable though. I am not proficient
with autotools yet.
The code I added to config.ac and Makefile.am is juts to add an option
to configure script to define the path to some header files and use
them, by the way.
It is a C project to interface java with some native libraries through
jni, no java language code.
It is just a couple of C headers I need there.

Normally you should have a target which represent your program or your library. Then, I think you can add source files by selecting Project->Add source in the main menu. You should get a dialog where you can select the target and add source files. I'm not completely sure it was working with Anjuta 3.0 but it's working fine with Anjuta 3.2.

Else, if these headers are part of a library, the normal situation is to use pkg-config. It uses a file with .pc extension located in /usr/lib/pkg-config coming with each library. This file describes the options needed to use the library. You just add to this library to your project using Project->Add library and the symbol-db plugin will check all headers. This will take care of adding the required include path to CPPFLAGS and the library to LIBADD variable, so don't need to do anything else.

If the library you use, doesn't provide a .pc file, you can write one yourself looking at existing one. It's a simple text file which described a few options to use the library.