Re: [anjuta-list] Anjuta documentation

Hi!

> 1- The only ghelp reader I found was yelp. Gtk+, being on the verge of
> passing to 3.0, seems to have caused some problems. Pre-Gtk3.0 yelp
> takes over 30 seconds to start up on my dual core 3GHz. Those problems
> seem to have been corrected on Gtk3.0 versions, but haven't been
> backported yet.
>
> There's also a small problem with relative paths (don't work, at least
> not on the command line).
>
> There seem some compatibility issues between yelp and gecko engines. It
> wouldn't accept seamonkey's engine, though it says it should in
> the ./configure --help. I couldn't get it to recognize firefox. I
> solved the 'engine' problem with a patched version of yelp (2.30.1)
> which uses Webkit.

Yelp will use Webkit in the future. The version in Fedora 14 works quite
good without any startup problems here.

> 2- I have been able to convert mallard xml files to convert to html
> using the xsl files, but I have not been able to find a way to resolve
> the dynamic creation of the links for on-line use. (Those 'chapters' -
> caching and on-line use - are still missing on the mallard site).

I think there are already some xsl files for it. library.gnome.org is
able to generate online help from mallard pages.

> So - creating the docs in mallard format would be quite possible,
> viewing would be possible using yelp, but I have not yet found an easy
> way to create web-content. I suppose this could be done with xsl too,
> but somehow doubt that would be efficient.

As the mallard website itself is created as a mallard-to-html document I
don't think it's a problem. If you have problems with mallard ask on
gnome-doc-list gnome org  Shaun, who wrote yelp and mallard is usually
around there.