Re: [anjuta-list] Anjuta documentation

On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 09:52:23 +0100
Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:

> Sure! Not to sure about the reference manual - if it is too detailed it
> will hardly stay up-to-date but we will see.

Hello...

I've been doing some searching on Mallard, and think I can conclude the
following:

1- The only ghelp reader I found was yelp. Gtk+, being on the verge of
passing to 3.0, seems to have caused some problems. Pre-Gtk3.0 yelp
takes over 30 seconds to start up on my dual core 3GHz. Those problems
seem to have been corrected on Gtk3.0 versions, but haven't been
backported yet.

There's also a small problem with relative paths (don't work, at least
not on the command line).

There seem some compatibility issues between yelp and gecko engines. It
wouldn't accept seamonkey's engine, though it says it should in
the ./configure --help. I couldn't get it to recognize firefox. I
solved the 'engine' problem with a patched version of yelp (2.30.1)
which uses Webkit.

2- I have been able to convert mallard xml files to convert to html
using the xsl files, but I have not been able to find a way to resolve
the dynamic creation of the links for on-line use. (Those 'chapters' -
caching and on-line use - are still missing on the mallard site).

So - creating the docs in mallard format would be quite possible,
viewing would be possible using yelp, but I have not yet found an easy
way to create web-content. I suppose this could be done with xsl too,
but somehow doubt that would be efficient.

More news in a couple of days.

John