Re: [anjuta-list] Anjuta documentation

Hi John,

Le 01/11/2010 18:37, John Coppens a écrit :
Can I offer my help (yelp ;) for this? That's something I am quite
interested in... and possible I'm more productive here than in
producing code.

Sure, we will be really happy that you take care of this, producing code is only one way to contribute. But then, I have few knowledge on mallard so I don't really know how to start.....

I have looked a bit around. mallard is already working on my system (with GNOME 2.30). I have found a few projects already having a documentation using mallard: empathy and gcalctool.

Basically, they have a help/C directory in the project tree containing some file with .page extension in mallard format. This mallard format in XML using some defined keywords (http://projectmallard.org/1.0/index.html). So we just need to write those files.

There are probably some changes to do in anjuta project too in order to install the documentation properly and allow translation. But I can take care of this.

I think that we should start to rewrite the current anjuta manual (in manuals/anjuta-manual/C). I think the main work is not really to write new information but rather reorganized all the informations in a more structured way. You can display your documentation like with DocBook manuals using:
   yelp ghelp:_absolute_path_to_the_documentation_directory_

Does it look interesting ? If yes, I think the easiest is to open a new bug in Anjuta bugzilla (converting documantion to mallard format by example) and attach your files here.