Re: [Anjuta-list] Woes with simple project

Hi!

Am Freitag, den 06.02.2009, 14:52 -0200 schrieb John Coppens:
> I'm sorry. I meant ALL_LINGUAS, not LINGUAS. I only have ALL_LINGUAS
> defined in the environment. It seems that value is taken as the value for
> ALL_LINGUAS in Makefile.in. And this makes an initial make report the
> message 'No rule ...'. It _is_ a failure, as the rest of the languages
> aren't processed anymore.
>
> locale files (the ones not in ALL_LINGUAS) take up 105 MB on my disk.
> (only counting the ones in /usr/share). I don't care _that_ much about
> that space, but still...

Hmm, well, I have never seen this variable defined and I still think
that it doesn't make much sense to define it in general. I think it's
correct that you can overwrite a makefile variable this way as this is
the same way you can pass different CFLAGS or other different settings.

> PS: And, I'd be prepared to contribute/pay/write/help for a simple guide
> which describes build process in understandable terms. A workflow-type
> graph would be nice. I have a couple of books on GTK+ etc., but it seems
> they are outdated by the time they're on the market. The Howto included
> with intltool seemed promising, but failed with the simple 'HelloWorld'
> example. Any suggestions, pointers?

I don't know that much about intltool and I guess most GNOME developers
don't. But in general anjuta generates a good starting point where you
can add translations later by filling po/LINGUAS and adding the
appropriate files to POTFILES.in/skip.
Tutorial that a worth reading for creating a gtk+ application:
http://www.anjuta.org/documentations/subpage/documents/C/anjuta-build-tutorial/index.html
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk-tutorial/stable/ (you won't need the
build part, anjuta should setup everything for you when you start a
fresh gtk+ project.
And in general http://library.gnome.org/devel/