[Anjuta-list] How to add MySQL package to a project?

Hello people.

I'm trying to convert an old program to Glade-3 and at the same time
learning how to use Anjuta... Quite a project.

Now I want to add access to the mysqlclient libraries to the program, but
weren't autodetected by Anjuta, it seems. I have the impression Anjuta
recognizes only packages which have .pc files (as hinted to in the docs),
but mysql ships with mysql_config instead.

Only recently, there has been talk about adding .pc files:

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=19582
http://lists.mysql.com/commits/21811

I'm not entirely convinced about upgrading MySQL to get at the .pc files
(which, I'm not even sure thay been added at all).

John