[Anjuta-list] Woes with simple project

Hello all.

After quite a fight, I have Anjuta running (though still ironing out a
couple of bugs). So I tried creating a timple Gnome-C project and compile
that. No code added, just what Anjuta minimally creates. These were the
some of the issues I found (note that I am not a very experienced
programmer):

1) Problems with paths to oaf.h and bonobo.h

Though I've compiled piles of programs which contain references to bonobo,
for some reason the simple project detected an old bonobo.h (0.5.x or so)
Should bonobo be included in a 'simple' project? Maybe include the
#include line but comment it out?

It seems the configure.in file doesn't contain a test for bonobo either.

2) "No rule to make target en.gmo"

It seems the default project takes LINGUAS from the environment variable
with the same name (which I defined because I read somewhere this limits
the amount of translations installed). I had to edit Makefile to remove
the languages (at least till I get to the point of needing them)

I suggest leaving the language list empty (in configure.in) on creation
of the minimal project. (or, as in 1, add a comment)

3) Lines in compiler output like:

In file included from xxxx

are counted as errors in the stats at the right (even if they end on a
warning). But lines like

"No rule to make target..."

(which actually break building) are not detected.

Please take this as constructive criticism! (I read somewhere on the 'net
that Anjuta is for experienced programmers only. It would be a pity to
exclude new - less experienced - users).

John