Re: [Anjuta-list] Woes with simple project

On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 17:10:06 +0100
Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:

> > Please take this as constructive criticism! (I read somewhere on the
> > 'net that Anjuta is for experienced programmers only. It would be a
> > pity to exclude new - less experienced - users).
>
> No, it's actually not made for experienced programmers only. We more
> have the opposite goal. But newcomers should not change environment
> variables when they don't know the effect ;)

I'm sorry. I meant ALL_LINGUAS, not LINGUAS. I only have ALL_LINGUAS
defined in the environment. It seems that value is taken as the value for
ALL_LINGUAS in Makefile.in. And this makes an initial make report the
message 'No rule ...'. It _is_ a failure, as the rest of the languages
aren't processed anymore.

locale files (the ones not in ALL_LINGUAS) take up 105 MB on my disk.
(only counting the ones in /usr/share). I don't care _that_ much about
that space, but still...

John.

PS: And, I'd be prepared to contribute/pay/write/help for a simple guide
which describes build process in understandable terms. A workflow-type
graph would be nice. I have a couple of books on GTK+ etc., but it seems
they are outdated by the time they're on the market. The Howto included
with intltool seemed promising, but failed with the simple 'HelloWorld'
example. Any suggestions, pointers?