[Anjuta-list] Error during Autogen: "cannot find input file: Makefile.in"

Hi everybody...

this is the first time I participate in a mailinglist. (This tells you just
how desperate I am to find a solution...) I never really wanted to get into
mailinglists for all the traffic and because I don't quite know the netiquette
here. I hope I can handle that well enough and don't step on anybody's toes
in the process. Anyway, here goes...

I've been trying to get Anjuta to work for quite some time now and I'm
slowly getting desperate...
Not a single of the wizards work, I just can't create a project. Any wizard,
regardles of the project type, gives me the following errors during the
autogen process:

"./config.rpath: ./config.rpath: No such file or directory"
"config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in "

The only exeption is the Generic/Terminal Wizard, which complains about not
finding a configure file.

Anyhow, I have a friend who is also running Gentoo, like me, and is keeping
his system pretty much as up-to-date as I am. we're both using Gnome 2.4.2
and Anjuta 1.2.1. We also both use the same versions of gettext, cmp, autoconf,
automake, etc.
Strangely though he doesn't have that problem. His wizards work just fine
and he can create, compile and run any projects wihtout problems.
This leads me to believe that the problem lies within my system and not the
software itself, because the very same software works like a charm on his
system.
I even re-installed my whole system to see whether anything broke during
daily usage but even on a brandnew install with nothin but (the portage
packages) system, gnome-light, devhelp, wxGTK and Anjuta installed it still has the
same problem.
However, I have to mention that - since Gentoo is a source distribution - we
may have compiled quite a few things differently and with different
features. I don't have a single binary package installed, everything is compiled from
source and I might have been doing something wrong there, used the wrong
flags or whatever.
We already tried to track down the differences between our systems but
without success so far. All the components we compared had the same version, at
least.

Does anybody have an idea what I may be missing here? Anything that might be
configured wrong? Any packages that I need to install? Any ideas at all?
Please, I'm really desperate to get this IDE to work for I think it's a
great program and I really want to start programming on linux.
I've searched the internet up and down, back to front and left to right for
a solution but haven't found anything. Cries for help from people with
similar problems have remained unanswered, no FAQ mentions the problem...

Please, I beg you on my knees to help me!!
Thanks a lot...

Cheers,
Sven