Re: [Anjuta-list] Changing anjuta properties (user.properties)

On Wed, 2002-01-09 at 15:59, Biswapesh Chattopadhyay wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-01-09 at 12:22, Levi, Segev wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I wanted to change the configuration of anjuta. So, as instructed, I copied
> > "/usr/shar/anjuta/anjuta.properties" to ~/.anjuta/user.properties".
>
> I don't think it works that way. Depending on what you want to change,
> you'll have to edit one of these files directly:
> /usr/share/anjuta/anjuta.properties
> /usr/share/anjuta/internal.properties
> ~/.anjuta/session.properties

He was right. one can copy anjuta.properties into ~/.anjuta/ dir as
users.properties.

But the thing is I changed that to user.properties somewhere in the past
and I am not sure if it was before of after 0.1.8

You can try renaming the file to user.properties rather than
users.properties.

I believe in cvs it detects user.properties.

> (I may be wrong - please correct me if so)
>

> > I edited the user.properties file but it had no influence on my anjuta (of
> > course it was started after the changes).
> >
> > What am I missing?
> >
> > Also, I'd be happy to understand how to add a directory to my project.
> > Do I have to write only the Makefile.am, add the module to the anjuta and
> > the automake will take care of creating the Makefile for this module as
> > well?
> >
> > If so, how do I add the module? what do I write in the "Add Module" dialog ?
>
> Currently, Anjuta is not very good at handling multi-directory projects.
> I think the best way is for you to disable Makefile.am management by
> Anjuta and modify the Makefile.am files directly. Basically, to add a
> directory:
>
> 1) Create the directory.
> 2) Add the name of the directory to the SUBDIRS variable in the
> Makefile.am of the parent directory.
> 3) Create a Makefile.am for the directory.
> 4) Add the name of the directory to teh AC_OUTPUT macro of your
> configure.in
> 5) Run autogen.sh
>
> Check anjuta's source code if you're confused about how this is done.

If your idea is just to add modules in your project, then you can still
do it in a better way. Create the module (dir) in the project dir and
just give the name of that module in Project configuration->modules.
Depending on whether you want it to build before the src module or after
it, you will have to put it in either of the given entry boxes. For
libraries, put them in the before entry box etc.

Once it is done save your project and get into your new module's dir and
create a new Makefile.am (copy if from somewhere as a template to work
with), save the project and run Build->autogen. That's it.

Also, note that you don't have to disable the Makefile generation for
this to work.

> Rgds,
> Biswa.
>

> > thanks in advance for your help,
> >
> > 	Segev.

-naba

Alcohol, hashish, prussic acid, strychnine are weak dilutions. The
surest
poison is time.
		-- Emerson, "Society and Solitude"