Re: [Anjuta-list] Changing anjuta properties (user.properties)

On Wed, 2002-01-09 at 12:22, Levi, Segev wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to change the configuration of anjuta. So, as instructed, I copied
> "/usr/shar/anjuta/anjuta.properties" to ~/.anjuta/user.properties".

I don't think it works that way. Depending on what you want to change,
you'll have to edit one of these files directly:
/usr/share/anjuta/anjuta.properties
/usr/share/anjuta/internal.properties
~/.anjuta/session.properties

(I may be wrong - please correct me if so)

> I edited the user.properties file but it had no influence on my anjuta (of
> course it was started after the changes).
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Also, I'd be happy to understand how to add a directory to my project.
> Do I have to write only the Makefile.am, add the module to the anjuta and
> the automake will take care of creating the Makefile for this module as
> well?
>
> If so, how do I add the module? what do I write in the "Add Module" dialog ?

Currently, Anjuta is not very good at handling multi-directory projects.
I think the best way is for you to disable Makefile.am management by
Anjuta and modify the Makefile.am files directly. Basically, to add a
directory:

1) Create the directory.
2) Add the name of the directory to the SUBDIRS variable in the
Makefile.am of the parent directory.
3) Create a Makefile.am for the directory.
4) Add the name of the directory to teh AC_OUTPUT macro of your
configure.in
5) Run autogen.sh

Check anjuta's source code if you're confused about how this is done.

Rgds,
Biswa.