Re: [Anjuta-list] Cannot compile at all

Hi  Thanks for you comments.  Here are the problems...

I downloaded the latest stable build of the sources which were 0.19.

Unzipped and untarred the files

Ran ./configure
Error: could not find gnome-vfs-config

Attempted to solve that problem by downloading and building gnome-vfs
Ran ./configure of gnome-vfs
Error: could not find the pkg-config but could not reference gnome-mime-data since it does not exist

Attempted to solve the gnome-mime-data problem by downloading and compiling, everything worked
Ran ./configure
make
make install

Moved back to building gnome-vfs
Error: could not find the pkgconfig but could not reference gnome-mime-data since it does not exist

Downloaded and built the latest pkg-config
Ran
./configure of pkg-config
make
make install

Moved back to building gnome-vfs
Ran ./configure
make
Error: Liboaf/liboaf.h does not exist

At this point I gave up since it looked very obvious that my environment is missing something very obvious. Upon doing some research I came to the conclusion that I was missing the Ximain stuff. My distro does not have that stuff. And therefore I am assuming because of that I might as well forget it. A bit disappointing...

Am I correct?

Christian Gross