Re: [Anjuta-list] Cannot compile at all

On 2002.02.17 21:27 Christian Gross wrote:
At this point I gave up since it looked very obvious that my environment is missing something very obvious. Upon doing some research I came to the conclusion that I was missing the Ximain stuff. My distro does not have that stuff. And therefore I am assuming because of that I might as well forget it. A bit disappointing...

Am I correct?

I have 2 boxes - one my primary development machine (RH7.1 plus Ximian), and the other my build machine (which I am keeping as RH7.2 stock). Both systems build Anjuta - in fact the released RPMs are built on the RH7.2 box. It does indeed sound as though Yellow Dog does not have all the GNOME packages. AFAIK people using Debian, Slack, Mandrake, RedHat, et al have no problems.

We added a gnome-vfs/mime and pkg-config dependency since 0.1.8, that's true :-/ more omissions in the documentation! Are Yellow Dog not updating GNOME for oaf and bonobo etc.?

--
Andy Piper - Farnborough, Hampshire (UK)
andy piper freeuk com - ICQ #86489434