Re: [Anjuta-list] Cannot compile at all

On 2002.02.17 14:19 Christian Gross wrote:
I used Anjuta 0.18 and 0.17. No problem whatsoever compiling those versions. Then I downloaded version 0.19 and nothing compiles. I tried fixing the dependencies and still nothing compiled. I downloaded gnome-vfs and could not get it to compile because it kept giving errors. Even when I fixed things according to the instructions giving in the configuration script.

So my question is what happened? And how do I get a new version? I am using YellowDog LINUX 2.1 on a PowerPC.

Ermm... to answer your first question, I'm not sure what has happened :-/

Could you give us some examples of your attempted build output? Preferably post something here, but if there are hundreds of horrible-looking errors and the output is huge, could you gzip it and send it to me?

One thing I would say is that your system is "unusual" in that none of the core developers use PowerPC, so it is fair to say that we have not tried to build there lately. However, I'm not certain which of the changes between 0.1.8 and 0.1.9 could have caused this.

How do you get a new version? The only way is basically to help us to resolve this problem, then we can patch CVS and you can build from a nightly tarball.

Thanks, and sorry that you are experiencing this problem :-(

--
Andy Piper - Farnborough, Hampshire (UK)
andy piper freeuk com - ICQ #86489434