Re: [Anjuta-list] Tools editor

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 12:42, Erwan Becquet wrote:

> Le 2002.12.13 04:21, Biswapesh Chattopadhyay a écrit :
> > On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 20:21, Erwan Becquet wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Yes, this is already in my TODO list for the tools editor (have a look
> > at the requirements listed at the top of src/tools-editor.c. The
> > reason
> > why I haven't implemented it so far is because I want to design it
> > properly for maximum flexibility (I might steal some ideas from PonG
> > and/or Kaptain - though both are probably dead projects :-(). I'd like
> > to be able to associate a Glade file and automatically add key value
> > pairs to the available variables list before invoking the tool.
>
> Ok. But don't you think a 'basic' implementation like a <#args> menu
> in tool editor (0->n) plus a list of couples <type,name> could be very
> useful and sufficient in 99% of cases ? like 2 args, <string,"filename">
> and <int,"position"> for example ? Regarding what you've done yet, this
> don't seem unfeasible ? And would be *very* useful !

Hmm, O.K, for the time being, I'll add a flag, which, if checked, will
ask the user for command line parameters and simply pass them on (after
variable substitution) to the program. This should serve most uses. What
do you think ?

I'm still inclined to do a Glade based design but that will take more
time and I guess can wait til after 1.0.1.

> > > 2) Just a fancy feature, be able to add a separator before
> [...]
>
> > These features IMO not critical enough for an initial implementation,
> > so
> > will probably have to wait till after 1.0.1 is released. Currently, I
> > desperately need better management of multiple targets of different
> > types (executables, libraries, etc.) at work, so I'm likely to
> > concentrate on getting an autotools manager working first.
>
> I totally agree on that, I work very often on multiplke target projects,
> currently I work on a project with multiple binaries + multiple
> libraries
> and it is shame I can't use autogeneration features of anjuta and deal
> myself with files lists in Makefile.am.

Ya - that's what I'm trying to rectify right now. Should have something
to show in a week or two. This is relatively big compared to the tools
implementation so might take a bit more time I'm afraid, so it might not
make it in time for 1.0.1.

Rgds,
Biswa.