Re: [Anjuta-list] Tools editor

Le 2002.12.13 04:21, Biswapesh Chattopadhyay a écrit :
On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 20:21, Erwan Becquet wrote:
[...]

Yes, this is already in my TODO list for the tools editor (have a look
at the requirements listed at the top of src/tools-editor.c. The
reason
why I haven't implemented it so far is because I want to design it
properly for maximum flexibility (I might steal some ideas from PonG
and/or Kaptain - though both are probably dead projects :-(). I'd like
to be able to associate a Glade file and automatically add key value
pairs to the available variables list before invoking the tool.

Ok. But don't you think a 'basic' implementation like a <#args> menu
in tool editor (0->n) plus a list of couples <type,name> could be very
useful and sufficient in 99% of cases ? like 2 args, <string,"filename">
and <int,"position"> for example ? Regarding what you've done yet, this
don't seem unfeasible ? And would be *very* useful !

> 2) Just a fancy feature, be able to add a separator before
[...]

These features IMO not critical enough for an initial implementation,
so
will probably have to wait till after 1.0.1 is released. Currently, I
desperately need better management of multiple targets of different
types (executables, libraries, etc.) at work, so I'm likely to
concentrate on getting an autotools manager working first.

I totally agree on that, I work very often on multiplke target projects,
currently I work on a project with multiple binaries + multiple libraries
and it is shame I can't use autogeneration features of anjuta and deal
myself with files lists in Makefile.am.

And totally agree too with the not critical aspect of the insertion point.

Thanks for your job.

Erwan.