Re: [Anjuta-list] Linking against a shared object library in Anjuta

> On Sat, 2002-12-07 at 06:23, John D Dubchak wrote:
> >
> > I still manage to get undefined references at link time, so I know it
> > can't find the proper .so file, which is named "libxerces-c1_6_0.so".
> >
> You are not supposed to be linking the shared libraries directly. Shared
> libs are loaded run-time. Normally, the corresponding lib*.a (which is
> static lib) takes care of loading the run time libraries. You need to
> figure out what the static library is for the shared lib you mentioned.
> It should again, normally be named "libxerces-c1_6_0.a", but strangely
> you do not seem to have it (or it doesn't exist).

AFAIK, it is enough to have the .so (no need for the .a). If you're
getting unresolved symbols, it is probably because:
1) You're using a wrong version of the library
2) The library uses other libraries which you are not linking.

If you send the detailed error log to the list, maybe someone can help.
It also might be a good ideea to send the log to the Xerces list - the
library developers should be able to guide you better.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,
Biswa.