Re: [Anjuta-list] Linking against a shared object library in Anjuta
- From: Biswapesh Chattopadhyay <biswapesh_chatterjee tcscal co in>
- To: Anjuta List <anjuta-list lists sourceforge net>
- Subject: Re: [Anjuta-list] Linking against a shared object library in Anjuta
- Date: Sun Dec 8 21:55:05 2002
> On Sat, 2002-12-07 at 06:23, John D Dubchak wrote:
> > I still manage to get undefined references at link time, so I know it
> > can't find the proper .so file, which is named "libxerces-c1_6_0.so".
> You are not supposed to be linking the shared libraries directly. Shared
> libs are loaded run-time. Normally, the corresponding lib*.a (which is
> static lib) takes care of loading the run time libraries. You need to
> figure out what the static library is for the shared lib you mentioned.
> It should again, normally be named "libxerces-c1_6_0.a", but strangely
> you do not seem to have it (or it doesn't exist).
AFAIK, it is enough to have the .so (no need for the .a). If you're
getting unresolved symbols, it is probably because:
1) You're using a wrong version of the library
2) The library uses other libraries which you are not linking.
If you send the detailed error log to the list, maybe someone can help.
It also might be a good ideea to send the log to the Xerces list - the
library developers should be able to guide you better.
Hope this helps.
> Please contact the developers of the library and get some clue on how to
> use it.
> Ma Bell is a mean mother!
> This sf.net email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek
> Welcome to geek heaven.
> Anjuta-list mailing list
> Anjuta-list lists sourceforge net
] [Thread Prev