Re: [Anjuta-list] Linking against a shared object library in Anjuta

On Sat, 2002-12-07 at 06:23, John D Dubchak wrote:

> I still manage to get undefined references at link time, so I know it
> can't find the proper .so file, which is named "libxerces-c1_6_0.so".

You are not supposed to be linking the shared libraries directly. Shared
libs are loaded run-time. Normally, the corresponding lib*.a (which is
static lib) takes care of loading the run time libraries. You need to
figure out what the static library is for the shared lib you mentioned.
It should again, normally be named "libxerces-c1_6_0.a", but strangely
you do not seem to have it (or it doesn't exist).

Please contact the developers of the library and get some clue on how to
use it.

Thanks.

-Naba

Ma Bell is a mean mother!