Re: [Anjuta-list] Print multiple pages per sheet / printer filters

> On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 09:17, Biswapesh Chattopadhyay wrote:
> > Nice ideas - exactly the kind of test bed I need for the up-coming tools
> > support. Just wait for a week or so, and then you'll be able to do all
> > this (and more) with the user-defined tools thingy I'm working on. Nice
> > to find more and more places where this can be used :-)
> >
> I tried the test tool file and I got the items under [Build] menus
> rather than the [Project] menu.

Odd - seems to work O.K here :-( You need to write the location:<Menu
item> all in small letters - did you do that ?

> Also, from what I understand from your code, you give some pseudo names
> for the main menu items for identifying the menu insertion points. I
> would rather suggest that you use gtk_menu_insert_at_path (or something
> similar) to insert the items at arbitrary points. It takes unix file
> path like path and you get the item inserted at that /give/menu/path.
> The only catch, however, is to take care of translated strings in the
> menu. I am not sure if that causes any problem with the insertion, but
> it's worth to check it out.

Ya, that was a really bad idea but I needed to hack something up quickly
(just as proof of concept) so I took the easy way out. I really don't
know how to handle comparison of translated strings :-( I guess we can
leave this to the user and hope he gets the location right ? Tools we'll
bundle won't be a problem since we can add them to the translations list
I guess. BTW, I can't seem to find this gtk_menu_insert_at_path()
function - is this GTK2 specific by any chance ?

I'll work on the tools stuff some more this week and hope to have
something usable working by Friday - at least, it should be useful
enough for stuff like this (custom print commands, etc.)

Rgds,
Biswa.