Re: [anjuta-devel] 3.10 cycle plans

Hi Seb,

On 03/30/2013 09:12 AM, Sébastien Granjoux wrote:

Having a third-party engine which analyses dinamically the opened .js
source and suggests the completions would be the best choice.

Yes, it's already done for Python completion but it's completely
independent from the symbol db plugin. Isn't it possible so share some
parts, by example the symbol pane?

well, as long as ctags is able to recognize some js then yes, the class symbols, members and so on can be displayed on the symbol panel.

What's the status of a similar work initiated for the C/C++ completion
engine using clang?

I haven't any news so I'm afraid it's stuck. I could perhaps spend some
time on it as it seems that it would be a useful improvement. On your
side, will you have some time in the coming months to work on the symbol
db plugin?

I'd need a good C/C++ completion engine to do some serious stuff - the current one is nearly useless and it slows down my coding. I've done some medium sized projects last year mostly without any good code completion - it was a pain. So the answer is yes, I'd like to put some time on the improvement of the completion engine in the coming months. Clang is the way to go - it already has AST built in and so there's no need to reinvent the wheel. I'd like to know the state of the art of the previous work, and the plans you had for it.

Thanks and Regards,
Massimo